Can you handy people help me find the correct Mini-Spit Capacitor?

Old 06-23-18, 02:50 PM
X
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Can you handy people help me find the correct Mini-Spit Capacitor?

Looking for some guidance, and having a heck of time trying to tracking down the correct Capacitor for our Mini-Split (Defunct brand, "AllStyle"). The fan/compressor will only kick-on when I bang the Capacitor, and I'm guessing that is the problem. The Capacitor Specs and model are - 6/60uF, 370/400V, Class B, Brand SH, Model-DAL-M4JJ0660. I find a few on the web that are close in spec, but often will say 440V, or 60/5 (Numbers Reversed), or similar. Can't make head or tails of it. First time changing one of these. Thanks in advance!

Attached Images  
Old 06-23-18, 03:42 PM
Received 77 Upvotes on 68 Posts
What you're looking for is a dual capacitor, meaning that there are 2 capacitors in a single housing. As long as the voltage rating on the replacement capacitor is the same or higher than the original, you're okay. It doesn't matter whether the capacitance is shown as 6/60 or 60/6, as there are separate terminals for both capacitors. Normally, the smaller value capacitor is used for the fan, while the larger value is used for the compressor. The dual capacitor usually has terminals marked: Herm, Fan, C. Herm is the larger value (compressor), Fan is the smaller value (fan), while C is the Common.

Old 06-23-18, 03:46 PM
X
Thanks, I figured it didn't matter which number was first, but I am not finding any 60/6, the closest I find is 60/5 which is out of the recommended 5%+/- for the Fan value (more like 20% going from 6 to 5). Not sure how that would effect it.

Old 06-23-18, 04:04 PM
Received 77 Upvotes on 68 Posts
While it would be best to use the correct (6mfd) capacitor, I suspect that the fan motor would still run okay with the 5mfd value. The other option would be to purchase 2 separate caps, one 60 and one 6. Amazon sells a 6mfd capacitor meant for ceiling fans. Here's a link to it:

https://www.amazon.com/Ceiling-Capac...dp/B07CWSYG4V/

Old 06-23-18, 04:12 PM
X
Interesting, I'll have to look into that. Not sure how those things would hold up to our sometime -40 degree winters here in Minnesota. I swear, I must be cursed, as soon as I buy something it becomes obsolete, and I'm the only idiot in the world who bought one. Everything from my Mini-Split, Off-peak heaters, ventless fireplace, and dehumidifier were all only made for 1-2 years, never to be seen again, and parts impossible to find.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: