AC Blower not working

Old 07-03-18, 06:30 PM
AC Blower not working

Having trouble with my AC. The unit was working fine last couple days during heat wave. Today, when thermostat clicks on, the outdoor portion operates but the indoor fan / blower does not (There is no air flow throughout house). The fan DOES work and operate when I turn off AC and set fan to On on thermostat. But then if I switch it to cool, when AC clicks on the fan stops.

Iíve got a Rheem Criterion II furnace, fwiw. I checked / cleared the condensate line but still no fix. Any insights?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-18, 12:19 PM
What happens if you turn fan to ON (fan starts up), then turn A/C on. Does the fan continue to run, or does it turn off when A/C comes on?

Old 07-05-18, 09:23 AM
Fan turns off immediately

Old 07-05-18, 10:59 AM
If you have a multimeter, check the voltage between the R & G and R & Y terminals on the thermostat. Ideally, you should measure 0VAC between the the terminals. If you don't have a multimeter, try connecting the R, G, and Y terminals together and see if the A/C and blower come on. R is the 24VAC (power) connection to the thermostat. Y controls the outside unit, while G controls the blower. When the thermostat calls for cooling, relays inside the thermostat connect the R to Y and R to G terminals. If the R to G relay isn't working properly, the blower won't come on when the A/C turns on.