Frozen coil in air handler

Old 08-19-18, 11:53 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Frozen coil in air handler

Sorry if I can't help, I have the same situation, my gas line and most of the air handler become frozen after a while, I increase the fan speed, changed my air filter and even try without filter, I took measurement from the levels of freon in the lines and are ok, i open all the register even when i don't need it for a fast flow and nothing work so far, I continue having frozen line and coil in the night time, any solution to this will be appreciate.
thanks

Old 08-19-18, 12:01 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I moved you to a new thread.

Although we DO NOT discuss system pressures or charging here....... you appear to have a charge issue. If it's not the charge.... it could be an expansion valve problem. That will need to be handled by a licensed tech.

Old 08-19-18, 03:34 PM
R
Received 199 Upvotes on 181 Posts
fepleon,
I’ll continue here instead of replying to the PM you sent me. You’ll get better help that way.
You either have an airflow or refrigeration system issue.
We can’t discuss refrigerant charging and pressures, but your description that they were “ok” isn’t correct.
What space temperature are you trying to maintain? What is the outdoor temperature getting down to when it freezes? What filter are you using? How many CFM is the air handler moving?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: