What is the maximum air throw in duct AC diffuser?

Old 01-24-19, 03:05 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What is the maximum air throw in duct AC diffuser?

I have a flat slab design for my company. The total floor height is 11.5 feet (138"). Out of it, 8" is the slab thickness and the drop area (Column capital ) is 8" tick. The drop area size is 17.5'x11' (192.5 sqft). So, is it possible to run the duct only in the area where drop area is not there? What type of diffusers can be put near the drop area to throw the air to 17'/2 = 9' distance?

If I put the duct & diffusers below the drop area, then it would reduce my floor height I am getting below the ceiling. So, I want to get the maximum space below the ceiling.

I have contacted some vendors here and they do not have proper information like max air flow from a diffuser etc. Without this information, I am not able to decide whether to go for flat slab or beam slab model.
Is there any way to put the duct AC for my flat slab design?

I have attached the flat slab plan for references.
Thanks in advance.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Flat slab edited.pdf (681.4 KB, 56 views)
Old 01-24-19, 08:51 AM
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
You can throw air 100 ft if its designed to do it. Static pressure of the duct plays into it as well as what type and size register. Have your HVAC company come up with a recommendation.

Old 01-24-19, 10:49 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
So, there is a possibility of avoiding the duct & diffusers below the drop area without having issues in the cooling right?

Old 01-25-19, 12:03 PM
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
If designed correctly it will be fine.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: