In-wall A/C + heat mini-split?

Old 03-18-19, 06:58 AM
J
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
In-wall A/C + heat mini-split?

Does such a thing exist? I see options for cassette-style units but they all seem to install in the ceiling. I'd like to install one in the wall of a new "den" I'm finishing in our basement. Why the wall? because the room above is our bedroom and I have to assume we'd get some decent noise or vibration if the unit was directly in the floor. The room is about 125-150 sq. ft -- don't have exact measurements on me right now.

I have an area of this room where the wall will be about 8" thick, with ample space for this unit to be installed -- just not sure if it exists.

I was trying to avoid the on-wall style unit since they are so large and obvious, seems to make sense to me to make use of the wall cavity that's already there.

Old 03-18-19, 08:22 AM
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
You are looking for a PTAC unit. That is the only thing that goes in the wall. IMO they are more noticeable than a wall mount ductless unit. What about a low wall ductless?

Old 03-18-19, 08:58 AM
J
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I'll take a look -- I was really looking for a "cassette" option, nearly identical to one that would go in a ceiling, but for a wall, so it is flush mounted in the wall (not sticking out).

Old 03-18-19, 09:50 AM
R
Received 156 Votes on 147 Posts
Different manufacturers have different options. So it’s somewhat specific to the brand you plan to buy.
Using Samsung as an example, they have conventional wall mounts, and ceiling cassette units, as well as various ducted units, fan coil style units, as well as others.
I think LG has a unit that looks like a picture frame that mounts on the wall.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: