Wireless thermostat stuck in hot/cool modes

Old 04-11-19, 06:01 AM
Wireless thermostat stuck in hot/cool modes

I have a couple of PTAC units that use Pro1 wireless thermostats. Problem I'm having is when you turn the cool mode on, hot and cool comes out the unit. I have reset the PTAC and the thermostat back to factory defaults. I have replaced the wireless harness, the sending unit, and the thermostat itself. Nothing works.
Now when I put the PTAC in default mode and control it only from the PTAC itself, it works just fine. So I know the problem lies with the wireless thermostat and PTAC having mixed signals somewhere

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-19, 12:08 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

We'd need a bit more information to help you. I assume you mean the Pro1 IAQ /T631 ?
If yes..... the factory defaults may be the problem. You may need to program the O/B changeover setting.

Old 04-15-19, 05:22 AM
The T-631w-2 is the one. I have around 50 of these units and two are giving me this problem. Like I said, they work fine with onboard controls. And having swapped out all the pro1 components with known working parts, I can only assume its a setting issue
As far as the settings internally, I have used the manual and reset everything to the default settings, based off the chart.

Old 04-15-19, 08:59 AM
Hi, how long has this been going on, has anything changed near the units?
Geo

Old 04-15-19, 09:16 AM
Nothing besides the battery ran out.
As I said, I put a new thermostat, sending unit, and harness on. Still comes on and runs heat.
Double checked wiring and settings on both the unit and thermostat.
Unhook the wiring harness and press c1 then 0 to go back to default controls on the PTAC and it works fine.
Change the c1 to L5 and sync up the thermostat and it blows warm air even though its on cool mode.
So I don't know, except its happened on 2 units

Old 04-16-19, 12:25 PM
Update: Per the first reply, I changed the o/b changeover value to B instead of 0 and it worked fine.
Thanks for all the help.