Need wiring help mini ductless install

Old 05-31-19, 11:23 PM
Need wiring help mini ductless install

Hi. I could really use some help in wiring a mini ductless install. The unit I am installing is an AUX Group Mini ductless 12,000 btu air conditioner/heat pump. The model is ASW H12A3/FFR1. The instruction manuals don't show the correct wiring diagrams. The interior unit powers the outside condenser. I have 2 wires coming from the inside to the outside, One wire has 3 leads, a blue, a brown and a yellow. The other wire has 2 smaller leads coming out, a blue and a brown. The lugs on the outside unit for the hookup are numbered 1 . 2 . 4 . 5. I don't know which leads to hook them up. I believe brown is powered, blue is neutral and yellow is ground with the larger wires. I don't know anything about the smaller blue and bown wires but I believe they must be control wires for the thermostat. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-19, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator
You are correct.
The high volyage wires carry the control cct signals and must be connected exactly how the manual tells you to.
How do you know what the wiring diagram shows is wrong?
If someone here has direct experience with this uit it would be good but in all cases the manufacturer's info needs to be followed.

Old 06-01-19, 05:41 AM
US codes require a power disconnect on the outside so that is why the outside unit is normally where the power connects. Maybe they sent you a non-US unit? Or obviously included the wrong instruction manual.

Old 06-02-19, 12:02 AM
This shows up on the net, not sure if it will help or the right one but at least it is in Chinglish.

https://v-clima.com/get_file.php?id=151&table=images

If not type the model number into Google and search.

Old 06-03-19, 05:21 AM
Problem solved: Thanks to forum members who helped here. When I peeled back the plastic connectors on the ends of the wires, guess what? They were numbered!!!!! As were the connecting lugs And correctly the brown went to #1, power . the blue went to #2 Neutral. Yellow was ground so I attached it to the grounding screw. The small blue went to #4 and brown #5. Always an adventure when the manual is in a different language. I'll figure out the remote also!!! Thanks again.