New A/C unit installed today

Old 05-27-19, 05:00 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New A/C unit installed today

And the thermostat hasn't changed since he left the install around 12:30 today. It won't go below 78 even when I set it at 74. It has run non stop and not turned off at all.
We had a new master bedroom and bath added to our existing home in Sarasota, FL. He installed a Revolv RPC 1430. When I looked it up, it looks like this is a 2 1/2T and only an air conditioner. Our contract with our builder says a "Champion 3T 14 SEER heat pump or equivalent". So it appears the A/C guy didn't install anything we have in the contract with the builder. Also when I look this unit up, it says it is made for manufactured homes, which ours is NOT.

Can anyone confirm my suspicions before I confront both the A/C owner and the builder tomorrow? And can anyone tell me why they would put a unit for a manufactured home into our regular home? We don't have an inside unit, just the outside one...but wondering if this Revolv is really equivalent to a Champion?

Thank you for your help and advice and education!
Amy

Old 05-27-19, 06:33 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
No they are not equivilent they are 2 different things.

If you have a reputable builder he will make it right.

If they are the smash and grab types I hope you have not paid yet.

Old 05-27-19, 06:57 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The Revolv RPC 1430 is a packaged 2-1/2 ton 14 seer A/C only. The C in the model stands for cooling only.
The RPH-1430 would be the heat pump equivalent model.

I don't think that model is for a manufactured home only. It can be used for that purpose where a packaged unit is called for. The only reason I could see if it was for a manufactured home only would be based on the type of ductwork. It looks like the Revolv may use round ducts which wouldn't necessarily be the best choice for your application.

As far as the Champion unit.... I see no model listed that matches 3T.

Old 05-28-19, 03:41 PM
A
Thanks for the information. The air guy came today and it was 80 in here with it set at 74. He called the builder and they are going to change it out for a 3T and bump up to a 16 seer for my trouble.

Old 05-28-19, 05:04 PM
Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Old 05-29-19, 12:32 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Don't think that half a ton is going to do much. Please let us know how it works.

Old 06-03-19, 03:52 AM
A
The 3T unit is working beautifully. Building final passed and I moved in this past weekend. The new addition doesn’t cool as much as the rest of the house though. It’s not a huge difference but noticeable when you are paying attention. I think that is normal though. It’s the farthest area from the thermostat.

Old 06-03-19, 04:06 AM
Not an AC person, but have mixed feelings on the not as cool. If it is far away from the warm air returns and does not have warm air return registers. Or the duct work is too small or a poor design it will not cool properly.

On the other hand I have 2 rooms on the east and west end of the house, that get full morning or evening sun. I doubt any central air system would keep them the same temp as the house.

My issue was no warm air returns in rooms, poor design of duct work and concrete block house with no insulation. So I installed mini splits.

If it bothers you, might want to look into it.

Old 06-03-19, 12:43 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Glad to hear the three ton unit is working better.
I'd imagine it has more to do with the connection ductwork rather than the 1/2 ton increase.

jjrbus voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: