HVAC pumping heat & ac

Old 07-04-19, 06:54 AM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HVAC pumping heat & ac

Discovered my Rheem HVAC is mixing heat with the ac at the same time, The unit Rheem 13AJN24A01 installed only 3 or 4 years ago, I called the company who installed it but they wouldn't even give me the time of day, even not returning call after a while. Anther company came first charged it with 410A which they said it didnt need much but the ac was still pushing over 80 degrees. They checked the air handler in the attic and found a "jumper" wire which they disconnected which gave us back ac, but they explained hey would have to come back in the fall to reconnect it for heat. My question is JUMPER wire??? What part is jumped? And why did it work fine for 3 years then not now? Is there a "switch' or a junction box or something that switches it from ac to heat? If so what is it? Im not going to try and fix it myself but would like to know so I know what Im talking about when we have the 2ed company come back.

Old 07-04-19, 11:17 AM
Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts
Is the a/c blowing out warm air?

I suspect you have electric heat stuck on - could be a bad sequencer or something else.

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-05-19, 02:28 AM
T
The company I hired disconnected the jumper and that gave us back ac, but to answer your question before they did that when we set the thermostat to a/c it was blowing 80 + degrees. Ok so sequencer or something else, if not the sequencer could it be the "relay"?

Old 07-05-19, 06:48 AM
R
Received 178 Likes on 164 Posts
Post a photo of the jumper that was removed.
You can troubleshoot it. Do you have a meter?

Old 07-06-19, 02:58 AM
T
I dont know where this jumper is, the company that fixed it told me there was a jumper. It would be too hard for me to get up into the attic, disabilities.

Old 07-06-19, 06:20 AM
R
Received 178 Likes on 164 Posts
It’s going to be very difficult to offer advice and instruction if we don’t know what exactly was done.
Maybe you can call another company for a second opinion?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: