a/c leaking but pan is dry

Old 07-07-19, 08:38 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
a/c leaking but pan is dry

I had a new air/handler installed last October and it is now leaking from my attic. The pan is dry so where is the water coming from. Had the installer come out and he says he doesn't know and just added coolant to the system. It stopped leaking for a little while and now it is leaking again. Please help

Old 07-07-19, 08:55 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,324 Upvotes on 2,985 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Had the installer come out and he says he doesn't know and just added coolant to the system.
I think you need to find a new installer. Refrigerant has absolutely nothing to do with a water leak.

It would be almost impossible for us to tell you what is leaking there. Someone needs to go in with a flashlight and find the leak. It could be in the drain line or it could be an area was left uninsulated and is sweating heavily.

Rugerhound voted this post useful.
Old 07-07-19, 09:55 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,324 Upvotes on 2,985 Posts
The original installer charged you for that repair for an install done in October ?

Did you pay by check..... stop it.
Call the installers boss and see if you can get some satisfaction.
There should be AT LEAST a one year warranty on their install.

Rugerhound voted this post useful.
Old 07-07-19, 09:32 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you Pete. The installer was horribly rude. I did call someone else to come and diagnose the problem. I paid this guy 479.00 for nothing. I should have read the reviews. I was hoping that he would take care of the problem since I paid over $7,000.00 for the new unit but it looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and have someone else fix the mess he made.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: