Samsung inverter not working

Old 07-08-19, 05:23 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Samsung inverter not working

Hello all.

First post so please be gentle!!

We bought a house last year and in the living room is a Samsung Forte inverter a/c unit. This worked fine last year.
I tried to use it yesterday and whilst the indoor unit appeared to operate properly I could only get ambient air from it, no cooling or heating.
Since it was last used we have had a couple of power cuts and the supply has also been interrupted for other wOrk.
Searching online produced two different codes to reset the system and pair the units. I have tried both codes without success.
The indoor unit appears to function but nothing from the outdoor one, the fan never moves. The outdoor shows a red LED which, as far as I can tell, indicates a communication error with the indoor.
Both are Samsung units, indoor AQV12NSAN outdoor AQV12NSAX.
I don't have any manual for these.
Can someone help me please?

Thanks in anticipation

Old 07-08-19, 07:34 PM
R
Received 178 Upvotes on 164 Posts
Here’s the manual for that unit.
Take the cover off the outdoor unit and read the code.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/67...sb.html#manual

Old 07-13-19, 09:59 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi Roughneck
thanks for the manual.
Read the codes and with a bit of checking looks like the PCB on the external unit is U/S.
Not a cheap fix. But at least I know.
Cheers

Old 07-16-19, 04:52 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
According to what I have read on the internet mini's are very vulnerable to power surges and surge protectors are a must.

Also according to the net, a inverter mini is also more computer than AC so when not acting right a reboot is in order. With the unit on shut the breaker off to the unit for 20 seconds. Time off seems to vary by where it is posted, a minute must be more than enough.

Like Abe Lincoln tweeted, be leery of things read on the net.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: