AC running but not cooling

Old 07-19-19, 08:16 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
AC running but not cooling

I have a 5yo Carrier AC. Yesterday we noticed the home warming up. Outdoor fan unit runs continuously but doesnít seem to be shedding heat. The air coming off the fan unit doesnít warm like it should. (I have a second upstairs unit that is working and the air coming off that fan unit is much warmer).

My first thought was dirty air filter and frozen unit. I pulled and replaced the filter, which was dirty. Then ran the fan for several hours with the thermostat off. This did not fix the issue. So then I turned off the fan and the thermostat for the rest of the night. Fired it up this morning and the issue still isnít fixed.

i opened up the furnace and there is a solid yellow light. Thatís all I know. Suggestions appreciated. It has obviously been very hot recently so Iím guessing thatís a factor, unless this is just bad luck. We run that unit at about 70 degrees so I donít think anything unreasonable.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-19, 08:35 AM
Sounds like you need to get in the line for a technician to visit you.

Old 07-19-19, 12:00 PM
It was a blown capacitor. I guess thatís the next thing to check if defrosting doesnít work.