Portable Unit cutting out

Old 07-25-19, 09:04 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Portable Unit cutting out

Picked this unit up however do not know the history of it. It's a Honeywell brand portable air con unit

Model: AMH-1200E

It cools but only for 5 minutes then stops working. about an hour later it will cool again for a bit then stop.
Cant see any water anywhere however i notice there isnt any hot air (or any air) coming out of the vent which the ducting takes outside.
Attached is a picture of what looks like a waterwheel, i assume its simply a fan and is for pushing air into the ducting. This doesn't spin at all.

Any ideas?

thanks

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-19, 09:36 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 599 Votes on 553 Posts
Yes, it sounds like the unit is broken. You said you "Picked this unit up...". Where did you pick it up?

Old 07-25-19, 10:05 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
At my workplace, long before me. We've had fixed units for 5 odd years now. It's not been run in over 8 years atleast other than the fan function.
Trying to clean up and wondering if it's an easy fix or worth recycling and getting out of the way

Old 07-25-19, 11:11 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 599 Votes on 553 Posts
Recycle it. Even when new they have a short life and I've not seen one last past 8 years. Most seem to die because of a freon leak. The fans run and you can hear the compressor run but it doesn't make cold air. And of course they don't have ports for adding refrigerant.