Need help troubleshooting an Amana TTW unit

Old 08-08-19, 05:39 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help troubleshooting an Amana TTW unit

Hello, I've been having some very strange issues with my Amana TTW unit for the last few weeks. I misplaced my paperwork and can't give the exact model number, but it is one of their TTW units, either the PBC/PBE/PBH variety (Most likely the one that doesn't require the most power, as I live in a small condo). The issues are as follows:

- Unit will not power on or off from the control panel. The control panel will still react to input, lights will move, the display will turn on and off when prompted, but the unit itself will not react. I can only turn the unit on or off from the reset/test buttons on the plug.

- The unit will still turn on (again, only from reset/test on plug), but will only blow air as if its in fan mode. Even when the power is switched off from the control panel, the unit will remain on.

- I am getting an error message of A2 whenever i turn the unit on.

I have tried cleaning the filter and resetting my breakers. I want to see if I can fix the problem myself before calling a technician, if anyone has any ideas what might be the issue.

Thanks so much for any and all help!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-19, 08:56 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,049 Votes on 973 Posts
Remove the front cover of the unit to locate the ID tag and post the model number.

The buttons on the plug are for the ground fault protect. If you push the test button it tuns off the power to the unit. Pushing reset restores power. The reset can't turn the unit on unless it was already in the "on" mode.

It would appear there is a problem with the control board. It may be a burned/stuck relay.

Old 08-08-19, 03:07 PM
M
I apologize for the wait, I was at work. I opened up the unit and got the model number. It is a PBC122

Old 08-08-19, 06:18 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,049 Votes on 973 Posts
No problem. Thanks for the model number. Unfortunately it looks to be a problem with the control board. It looks like the compressor relay may be the problem.

I think you'll need to tech on this one as I don't see anything you do to the unit.

PBC122 tech manual (pdf)

Old 08-09-19, 05:06 AM
M
Sounds like fun. Thanks for the help!