free-standing a/c unit vibration

Old 08-15-19, 11:42 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
free-standing a/c unit vibration

I am on the ground floor of a 3-story apartment building. The apartments in my stack are 2 bdrm. with a third room that is a living, dining, kitchen combo. There is a small window a/c unit in the wall of the main room that is supposed to cool all 3 rooms. The tenants in the unit above me. Their Master BR is directly above mine. They bought a free-standing a/c unit which causes noisy vibrations in my Master BR but not in my other rooms. I complained to management and they finally build some sort of a noise suppression platform which I have not been allowed to view.

Now, when I walk in the Master, I don't hear the vibration noise. However, when I lay down in my bed, I still hear the vibrations. I made sure my bed frame is not touching the wall. Sometimes, it helps if I sleep with my head at the foot of the bed but not always.

Does anyone out there understand why I now only hear the noise when I laying down. I can clearly hear the noise begin and end as the thermostat cycles the unit on and off.

I tap my ceiling with a broomstick when the noise gets really bad. At first, this cause them to turn the unit off. Now, they just ignore it until I get tired of tapping! Thanks for your ideas and suggestions.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: