Trane Capacitors?!

Old 08-27-19, 02:29 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Trane Capacitors?!

Hey all. Could use guidance. I have a 4 ton Trane system. Itís in excellent condition up to last month. About 12 y.o. Handler keeps house cold as long as I donít adjust thermostat too dramatically. If so, the compressor overheats, and starts warming up. HVAC co said to buy a whole new system for $7k as if that were an option. So power company came out to remove their restrictor and we found a rat had fried all over the capacitors and wiring. There seems to be 2 run capacitors and a start capacitor. I may as well change all three. The run capacitors seem to be ok to wire if i just use the same direction of terminals. And I read it doesnít matter (they only have 2 terminals). My main question is the start capacitor with resistor got the worst of the frying damage. The resistor was burnt off as was one of the wires (the black one in pic). The power co replaced the black wire. But I see on the red wire there may have been some other wire burnt away. Does anyone have any suggestions? Iím going to try to replace no matter what, but some expert help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! Now to figure out how to post pictures!

Old 08-27-19, 02:38 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pics attached?

here are some pics. The start capacitor is the black one and my concern is the red wire.

Attached Images      

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: