AC Mess! Replaced Blower Motor ran for 4 days then new error...

Old 09-18-19, 05:54 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
AC Mess! Replaced Blower Motor ran for 4 days then new error...

Bryant AC/Furnace inside 313AAV060110, condenser unit 116BNA048-B. Installed 10/2011. About 3 weeks ago the ac just stopped working (of course it is over 100 here in Texas) with blown 3V fuse. We noted a code 24. We pulled the over-flow sensors and cleaned out the lines. We noted that every time the thermostat would call for cooling the fuse would blow immediately. After much investigation we noted that the blower motor was barely turning so I replaced the X19 HD52MR120 with the Genteq Evergreen 6110E. After install all was great for just under a week, then nothing. Again blown 3V fuse and code 24. Same thing...upon call for cooling the fuse blows. When testing the week before for the short we did jump wires in the thermostat and when I touched Y to G or R (I cannot remember now) there was a spark. So we replaced the thermostat. Worked for a little over a day. When replacing the thermostat we noticed that the wiring had not been redone when the unit was installed (the house was built in '83) so we decided that maybe the short was there...because again it was a blown fuse code 24. We replaced the wiring from the thermostat to the control board being careful again to make sure the wiring was exactly the same. We were then getting blower motor but no response from the outside. I noticed that the wires in Y1 (24v going to outside unit and cooling on thermostat) were not properly secured so I removed them from the board and voila' we had a fully functioning unit...both inside and out...but only when the wires are not attached to the board. Tried attaching them one at a time and then got inside blower running but no outside. We went outside to inspect again and now show burned contacts for the 240V on the connector. Replaced that with an aftermarket. Initially worked fine...as long as the y1 wires were not on the board, but after attaching the button on the connector no longer goes down unless pressed manually and fan keeps running unless 240 cut off is pulled. Went up today to turn it on so I could test the connector again before ordering another and as soon as it called for cooling the fuse popped again with code 24! We are at a loss! Any help would be awesome! Batteries in thermostat brand new. I have pics of before and after for most parts.

Last edited by EMSbabydoll; 09-18-19 at 06:18 AM. Reason: only part of question before joining
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-19, 06:08 AM
Received 32 Votes on 29 Posts
Is this a question or a statement? No real information to known what your dealing with.

Old 09-18-19, 06:19 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It was asking me to join before I finished typing...thought it would bring me right back. It is complete now.

Old 09-19-19, 10:32 AM
Group Moderator
Received 337 Votes on 315 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You should not have even gotten a reply box without being a member.

The problem is you made many changes while diagnosing a problem. Now it sounds like you have several problems. The code 24 is just open primary fuse. That's 3A.... for 3 amp.

There should be two wires going to the outside condenser. This sounds like where your short is. I don't think a blower motor will cause a low voltage fuse to blow. It sounds like the new contactor wasn't wired correctly if it's not closing when 24vAC is applied.