Air Handler Not Blowing At All

Old 09-28-19, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Air Handler Not Blowing At All

I have an Airtemp AC system with the air handler in the attic. This is the second issue I have had with it. First few months board went and was blowing hot air. Today I found the outside unit running, but not the air handler. I had my attic air sealed and and reinsulated in July. I went up there tonight and found water in the overflow pan, but also blown in cellulose. I hit the breaker and tried to see if it would restart, but nothing. Water in overflow pan not high enough to get to drain, but I pushed a screw into drain to see if it was clogged. Too tight in my attic as my roof is a 4 pitch and the morons who installed first system put air handler very close to eave instead of under the ridge. That is all the info I have. Am I looking at needing to clear a drip line, bad board, bad motor? The guys who installed my system won't call me back until Monday at the earliest. System is only 3 yrs old. Gotta hope the rain kills this humidity and gets it below 80 so I can sleep tonight. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-19, 04:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 153 Votes on 136 Posts
I'm not an HVAC guy but it sounds to me like either no current is getting to the motor or the motor is bad.

Old 09-29-19, 05:37 AM
Received 53 Votes on 49 Posts
Is the condenser running? Is there power to the blower motor? Is there an overflow switch? Is it open or closed?

Old 09-29-19, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Condensate line was clogged causing the safety switch to shut down air handler. I used my shop vac to suck down the blockage and A/C has caught up and house is back to normal. Thanks for the help.