Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Air Conditioning and Cooling Systems
Reload this Page >

my AC works all Day but it starts blowing warm air out for a good 2 hours than s

my AC works all Day but it starts blowing warm air out for a good 2 hours than s

Old 11-08-19, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

my AC works all Day nice and COLD but from 10am to 1:30pm than from 1:30 to 5pm it Blows Warm Air out. but after 5 its back nice and cold ... can someone help me out im thinking i need to clean my coils one more round and i just changed the filters which were super bad as well its just hard because its a commercial business so to clean the coils on the roof is ok until i have to rinse it with water i have to take a sprayer up there because there is no water hose access on the roof ... any suggestions would be awesome.

Last edited by missy714; 11-08-19 at 05:16 PM. Reason: misspelled and explained wrong
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-19, 07:19 PM
I had a somewhat similar problem last year with a residential Goodman. The unit would start the day cooling and then, whenever it chose revert to heat. It turned out to be a loose connection between the condenser fan and whatever the wires were connected to. I related the problem to several technicians over the phone and some suggested the reversing valve was defective and other suggestions I do not remember. It was a simple fix once properly diagnosed. Hope your remedy is also simple.

Old 11-08-19, 07:36 PM
Received 53 Votes on 49 Posts
If the unit hasn’t had a maintenance in a while then it should get a full checkout. The equipment needs yearly maintenance to work right.
You’ll have to get water to the roof. A sprayer will not adequately clean the coils.
Do you have a load shed device for this unit?

Old 11-08-19, 09:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 477 Votes on 447 Posts
I agree on the load shedding but they don't usually shed loads that often and not on a specific routine. Although I see you're from California and they do follow stringent power saving measures.

Old 11-09-19, 07:05 AM
Received 57 Votes on 53 Posts
If the times (not the run time) are always the same I would suspect a programmable thermostat if you have one.

Old 11-09-19, 02:59 PM
awesome i am figuring it has to be an easy fix due to property management saying we are responsible is making it super hard to figure this out on my own because AC guys are super hard to find that are truly HONEST im not rich nor can i afford to pay this all out ... i will try installing a new thermostat after i check all wires

Old 11-09-19, 03:53 PM
There’s no reason to change random parts trying to fix the issue. Test the current thermostat.

Old 11-10-19, 08:25 AM
What’s the model number of the unit?