Refrigerant leak detection

Old 02-17-20, 05:34 PM
H
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Refrigerant leak detection

I have a JB Prowler can't find even large leaks, A D-TEC Inficon NI-CD rechargeable, a Yogokawa H10G, a GE H10B... now these H10s dont really do anything other than CFCs and HCFCs well likely because they are rather older technology (pre 93)... I recently got the Fieldpiece heated diode detector and when leak searching for 410a it still doesn't get a result like the H10 did... I really dont want to resort to recovery, R 22trace+N to leak search every time. I still hear guys in the field going back to the H10 but its usually the battery operated one. I dont mind a plug in one if it works best. I noted two models, the H10 and the H10PM whats the difference? Does it make any difference if its a Mars or Bacharach?...
When it was R12 ,22 &502 the leak searches were a lot easier. I couldn't use halide being color blind. although I have one.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-20, 01:59 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
you can always put dye in the system and check it with a black light. big blue soap works my H10 works on 410 did you try changing your tip. pressurize the system to 200pgig you'll find it

Old 02-19-20, 06:23 PM
H
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
H10 has a lot of different models to choose from

Any idea the difference between an H10 an H10b, an H10G, an H10pm? Many of the leaks I actually find I either hear or feel with my hands.