Is there a way to move an AC compressor aside without disconnecting?

Old 03-10-20, 09:24 PM
M
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Is there a way to move an AC compressor aside without disconnecting?

I have a giant tree whose root system has caused damages to a concrete driverway and the foundation.

In the picture below you can kind of see what it did to the underside of the two central AC compressors.

I cut down the tree last week. Now I need to lift up all these patio stones, and jack up my driveway. Then I am going to hire a landscape company to come and grind up the roots.

Is there a way to set aside the two AC compressors so the stump grinder can grind the uplifting roots under the pads?

Is the only option to get an AC tech to come disconnect the systems, store the coolant, move the units out of the way, then have the stump grinder come and do it's things, then have the AC tech come back to reconnect and recharge? Or is there a more creative way?

Top Answer

03-11-20, 04:07 AM
GregH
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
It appears that the refrigerant lines go straight into the house with no excess to allow you to swing them out of the way.
I can not see any creative way of avoiding having a tech come and temporarily disconnect them.

Old 03-11-20, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
It appears that the refrigerant lines go straight into the house with no excess to allow you to swing them out of the way.
I can not see any creative way of avoiding having a tech come and temporarily disconnect them.

Furd, Houston204 voted this post useful.
Old 03-11-20, 02:30 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
This would be a good time for the AC tech to review and check out your system

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: