Copeland Compressor Replacement

Old 05-29-20, 10:00 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Copeland Compressor Replacement

Hello, I am looking at replacing a copeland AC compressor model # cr32k6-pfv-220
Link to my compressor tag: https://photos.app.goo.gl/iNiUeigBtFBm1or87

I have been trying to find a used or open box unit to save money as this is a basically a band aid while we save up for a new system. Having no luck finding a cheap exact match.
My question is: Do I have to use exactly the same compressor or can I use a similar model without ruining my other components. I have been able to find good deals on the following compressor models that seem similar:

- cr32k6-pfv-230
- cr35k6-pfv-260

Thanks for your help!

Old 05-29-20, 11:00 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,322 Likes on 2,983 Posts
We can't really help you much with a compressor replacement. That is beyond a DIY project. We were able to help you previously in diagnosing it but replacement requires installation by an EPA certified technician as it requires major refrigerant handling. Since we have no way of knowing who is certified..... the owners of the site have requested that we not discuss anything requiring a certification.

Old 05-29-20, 11:08 PM
D
No problem, I completely understand. I wont be doing the install myself, that part will be done by a local company. I just wanted to save by not buying a new unit from a local hvac company as they all quoted me 1,500+ just for the unit. Would rather pay 300-600 for a compressor on line and then 500-600 to a local company for the install. Just looking for a basic, no that wont work, or yes you can + any info you can give me on selecting the right pump. Once I have the replacement pump in hand, I will contacting a local hvac company to install and charge the unit, hopefully saving money on a temporary band-aid while we get funds saved up for a whole new system. I just want to make sure I purchase the correct unit for them to do the job.

If that's not possible, just let me know. Thanks!

Last edited by druchii72; 05-29-20 at 11:51 PM. Reason: more info
Old 05-30-20, 12:43 AM
G
Diferent Models have different compressors that mtach the speed and the load with the entire machinery that is why there are design codes. If you can find the similar one that will be appropriate but purchasing another model compressor will be a total waste of money. And if you get another model installed any way it will create damage to your entire system. Look for a certified A/C contractor and ask for the opinion before any purchase. We are talking saving money here not wasting it on useless compressor model. So if you find the exact model purchase it if not then explore other options.

Last edited by PJmax; 05-30-20 at 11:16 AM. Reason: removed company link
Old 05-30-20, 02:28 PM
R
Received 178 Likes on 164 Posts
There is no market for used HVAC compressors, unless they are of a semi-hermetic design that can be rebuilt. Yours is not one of these.
Your money would be best spent replacing the equipment now, rather then paying to bandaid it temporarily.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: