Ductless Mini-Split Outdoor unit Issues

Old 06-08-20, 06:50 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ductless Mini-Split Outdoor unit Issues

Hello,

My AC unit (mse-12crn1-bq8w) recently started having some troubles. A few nights ago after I turned it off the outside unit continued to run even though the inside unit was off, this caused a build up of snow/ice on the inside unit. I reset the breaker and cycled the unit a few times into a different modes but it didn't help. I also opened up the outside unit made sure the board was cleaned up of anything that may short or otherwise compromise it.
Does anyone have any idea of where to start? This unit has been in use for 8 years without significant issues (this happened before but went away, as well as another issue that was resolved with outdoor cleaning).

Thanks!

--Phil

Old 06-08-20, 03:35 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ok...
I re-opened the outside unit, pulled out connectors on fan capacitor, removed the main board and reinstalled, disconnected the indoor/outdoor wire. Now everything is working....
Not sure what resolved it......

Old 06-08-20, 05:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,333 Upvotes on 2,992 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The service manual for that Midea unit is just about useless. The only problem that comes to me is a defective/sticking compressor relay on the outside control board.

There's a good chance your problem will come back.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: