moving vent

Old 06-15-20, 04:02 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
moving vent

So im working on a project in which we are absorbing a room "former home office" and making our master bedroom and bathroom bigger. One of the walls that will be removed has a forced air supply vent in it that used to supply the office. I would like to move this vent into the new separation wall between the bedroom and bathroom, but i was wondering if it would make sense to split the vent to go to both rooms or just to one? The bedroom and bathroom already have vents in each of the rooms, i was just thinking that i could use the old vent to help supplement for the larger room sizes now. I might be crazy and if so please tell me. Thank you.

Old 06-15-20, 05:18 AM
Received 648 Upvotes on 573 Posts
Does the bathroom have an outside wall? If not, then I would not bother providing additional heat or cooling.

Old 06-15-20, 06:05 AM
B
Received 44 Upvotes on 40 Posts
What do the rooms have for return vents?
What is your climate region, ac or heat?
Does your bathroom have an exhaust fan?
How big is the bathroom and how big is the current supply vent.

Bud

Old 06-20-20, 04:18 PM
B
The bathroom does have and outside wall, though it was redone and insulated about 4 years ago. The expansion will not have insulation on the outside wall portion which will be ~6' of wall.

Old 06-20-20, 04:22 PM
B
neither room has a return vent (yet) the return is in the what was the hallway now the bedroom portion.

we use ac and heat (in Wisconsin)

bathroom has an exhaust fan, but its located in the shower.

Bathroom before renovation is ~4'x10'x9' (basically a large closet) when done renovating it will be ~10'x10'x9'.

I was thinking of just routing the vent into the larger bedroom but figured I would ask if i should split it into the bathroom as well.

Old 06-20-20, 05:41 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,328 Upvotes on 2,987 Posts
I was thinking of just routing the vent into the larger bedroom but figured I would ask if i should split it into the bathroom as well.
That's actually an easy question to answer.
How is the climate control in the bathroom now ?
If it is ok..... you don't need to split the line. Just keep it in the larger bedroom.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: