Blower/Compressor Issues

Old 06-24-20, 06:03 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blower/Compressor Issues

First post here. I did some research through the forum before posting but couldn't find anything similar.

I have a thermostat that is wired with the Y and G wire reversed. I switched them. Before switching the wires I went ahead and simulated a call for the fan by touching the G wire to the 24V R wire. Also did the same for the Y to call the compressor. They both worked. I attached the thermostat and when I called for cooling, i got a "waiting" message on the screen. It never kicked on. So I switched it back the way I found it. This time the compressor kicked on and the fan did as well. When it reached temperature the compressor shut off, but the blower kept going well past the time delay and will not shut off until I manually turn the system to off. Even if I turn the temperature to a cooler temperature the compressor will not kick back in unless I fully shut the system off. The unit is a Trane XL13C. Model number 2wcx3024a1000aa Electric heater/AC package unit. Is it possible the fan control board is faulty? I had someone say it was my TXV valve but I don't see the correlation between the TXV and my blower. Besides when I asked him which TXV it was (my unit has two) , his response was "what do you mean"?

Any help would be appreciated.

D

Old 06-24-20, 06:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,318 Likes on 2,981 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

It sounds like you have a bad thermostat and someone tried kludging around it.
On a call for cooling...... the Y and G lines should be delayed.
This protects the compressor from short cycling and allows the blower to start when the compressor starts.

Reversing the wiring would be done if the Y terminal wasn't working correctly.

Old 06-25-20, 08:15 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to help me out. I totally dismissed the thermostat as being faulty. I am going to pick one up and install it. I will let you know the results hopefully later today.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: