Honeywell damper normally close or open

Old 06-28-20, 02:48 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeywell damper normally close or open

I need to replace one damper.
Looking online, I have the choice SKU M847D-ZONE if normally open or SKU M847D-VENT if normally closed.

How do i know which one i need to buy?

Thank you very much,
Jm

Up.oad pics

Last edited by jm0971; 06-28-20 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Upload pics
Old 06-28-20, 08:14 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Typically on a Honeywell zone panel terminals M1 and M6 are used to power close a normally open damper to the closed position. I suspect yours is the same. They use powered close so that if you have a problem the zone damper defaults to the open position. Do you need a complete damper or just the motor, you can get them separately.

Old 06-29-20, 12:20 AM
C
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thats a honeywell, its spring open, power close. Meaning they are normally open and when a zone calls it powers the other zone dampers and closes them. if you have a 3 wire from the board you can wire common, open and close so there is no confusion if not, its m1 and m6.

Old 07-06-20, 07:00 AM
K
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much.
I will buy a new unit.
So now stupid question. How do I know the damper is in the open position when I install it? do you i need to unscrew and remove the panel?

Thank you again.

Old 07-06-20, 07:52 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Looking at the shaft end of your damper (not the motor) assembly. Counter clockwise rotation is full closed. Install your new motor with the damper shaft rotated fully clockwise (open position. Depending on the installation it's sometimes easier to install the wires on the motor before installing it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: