Pioneer Inverter Mini-Split Not Cooling

Old 07-18-20, 12:01 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer Inverter Mini-Split Not Cooling

After starting my Pioneer inverter mini-split first time this summer, I have noticed, that it is not blowing cold air. The unit was professionally installed about 3 years ago. Last time I was using it for heating a few months ago and it seemed to work properly.

I have connected manifold to the unit and without unit on I see approx. 125 psi on both low and high side (please see pics). After starting it, pressure drops to almost zero and after running it for about 6 minutes it gets to about 18 low and 22 psi on the high side. Temperature outside and indoor were about 85 degrees. Superheat and subcooling numbers are also shown in the second pic.

Am I almost out of refrigerant? I have noticed some oil residue on the line-set on the condenser side. Line-set was cut on that side and Iím suspecting that the technician did not make/connect those flares properly. Also, I was expecting to see more refrigerant when purging/connecting hoses (it was mostly air). The indoor unit is not displaying any error codes.

Someone please help!

Thanks, Chris

Old 07-18-20, 12:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,322 Likes on 2,983 Posts
Unfortunately at the request of the site owners.... we don't discuss charging issues on the DIY site.
Yes..... you are low on refrigerant.

doityourself.com/forum/air-conditioning-cooling-systems/charging-your-A/C.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: