Concern about A/C leaking

Old 09-12-20, 09:24 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concern about A/C leaking

I have a concern about this AC. The AC works fine and the house gets really cool. The concern is the leaking. The air handler is leaking on the bottom as seen with the two circles on the bottom. The circles around the pipes show them being wet. The outside drain line, pictured, is seen with water coming out. Sometimes the leaking can be constant coming out of the outside drain line.
My concern is that there will eventually be a problem with the AC due to the leaking. Why is there leaking and is there anything I can do myself to make it stop?
I know hardly anything about how an AC works.

Outside drain line

Old 09-12-20, 10:20 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,342 Votes on 1,240 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I'm not quite sure what the worry is. The copper pipes and parts inside the air handler will sweat and drip. The water should all be kept in the drip pan and then drained thru the condensate line. If the water looks to be excessively high in the drip pan then you should check the drain line for possible blockage.

Is this air handler in the attic ? Can't tell where it's draining to.
I don't actually see any leaks.

Old 09-12-20, 11:36 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There's not necessarily a problem I was just concerned there might be one in the near future. It's by the kitchen. I wanted to touch base with someone here just to clarify if there is a potential problem or if everything is fine as is.

Old 09-12-20, 12:16 PM
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
Hi, if itís not sweating and dripping it would be more of a concert, as stated make sure the drain lines are clean .
Geo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: