Condensate drain line? Caps? Pan?

Old 09-14-20, 05:29 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Condensate drain line? Caps? Pan?

I have a problem with my hvac unit not draining and the condensate line is backing up and flowing over the the t shaped access pipe. I have not seen it come out the secondary drain tho... I cleaned what I could of the unit. I used a roughly 15-20ft snake along with multiple rinse/washes of vinegar and hot water. The water still takes awhile to drain. Is it just the soil I'm on? It is Virginia Beach. I'm ruling out that the condensate line go s to the seward since it goes down the same hole as the inward line. But still I won't know more till I can get a camera down there. A mirror and light only show so much. Also there is a drain pan in the unit under the coils. Should I have another pan under the whole hvac unit?

Anyway any help anyone can offer with anything is welcomed. Thank you.

Old 09-14-20, 05:35 PM
S
Also I realize that copper pipe should not be bent. Added to list of things to fix

Old 09-14-20, 10:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,342 Votes on 1,240 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That "copper pipe" looks like a freon line. Don't mess with that. Eventually it will wear thru and leak.

The water still takes awhile to drain. Is it just the soil I'm on?
The water should not take a while to drain. Soil ? The drain line should not be in the ground. It should be somewhere where you can see the water come out.

The water is not coming out of the secondary drain because the tee is lower. Your clog is still in the black hose below that tee. Don't cap the tee line.

Old 09-15-20, 02:12 PM
S
Thank you for the reply...the freon line would be the smaller Copper pipe or the larger one? Also unfortunatly I can not find the end to the condensate drain line. Is it possible that it's buried outside? Or maybe it just never was hooked up right?

Old 09-15-20, 07:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,342 Votes on 1,240 Posts
The freon lines are both copper lines. It's a closed loop. The large line is the low pressure vapor back to the condenser and the small line is the high pressure liquid supply line to the evaporator.

It looks like the drain line might follow the refrigerant lines thru the slab to outside. There is a good chance it's buried in the mud. You'd need to disconnect that hose from the system and send air or high pressure water thru it to open it. Maybe get a barbed garden hose fitting to temporarily put on there. Send a little water thru from a garden hose.

Old 09-17-20, 09:42 AM
S
Thank you, will give that a try

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: