Fieldpiece SRL8 malfunction

Old 11-04-20, 06:30 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fieldpiece SRL8 malfunction

I've had this meter for about a year now and today I hit the on/off button and it did not turn on. I waited a while and tried it several more times but it still refused to turn on. Then just a few minutes ago I tried it again and it not only turned on but seems to be fine. Tried the on/off several more times and it still seems okay.

Anyone on this forum have any suggestions on what went wrong and is it an indication that something is still wrong?

Old 11-04-20, 08:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,342 Votes on 1,240 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The battery is charged and shows good strength ?
You have to press and hold the power button for at least one second.

Other than that..... there really isn't anything more that could be done outside of factory service.

Old 11-04-20, 10:16 PM
S
Hi, Pjmax

Your question about whether it was charged made me plug it into the charger one more time and I realized that the red blinking indicator light was not coming on when it's plugged in. So I think the problem is that it's not charging at all. I'm wondering if I can find another charging unit for some other device with a similar plug and voltage output (15 V) so I can use it tomorrow on a couple of jobs. Do you think that might risk damaging the meter?

Old 11-04-20, 11:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,342 Votes on 1,240 Posts
I would only use the same voltage and current. You need to observe polarity too.
Do you have the car cigarette lighter charge cord ? It should have come with that unit.

Old 11-05-20, 06:56 PM
S
Yeah, I have the car cigarette lighter cord and tried it out today. Still would not charge and meter remains dead. I've contacted the manufacturer and it's still under warranty. Will let you know how it turns out. Thanks of the the help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: