Ge AHE18DXL1 Main control board wj29x10053 replacement

Old 12-13-20, 05:03 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ge AHE18DXL1 Main control board wj29x10053 replacement

Need help replacing the main board on the Ge ahe18dxl1. I have looked inside and there are white clips that seem to be holding the main board in place. Where can I locate these clips to buy and replace if I cut the current ones off or is there a way to take them out without damaging them. I donít want to call Sears and pay over 100 bucks to have someone come change this board if I canít get these clips out my self!

Old 12-13-20, 05:06 PM
M
Just need help changing this board. The ac relay has gone bad!!

Ac relay gone bad and it keeps the ac part of the unit running non stop. Located the main board online and need replacing. Those white clips keep the board away from the metal casing but I canít seem to take them out of the bottom without cutting them! Any ideas on how to change the board?

Old 12-13-20, 05:20 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,412 Votes on 1,306 Posts
Using a pair of needlenose pliers......gently squeeze the two snaps and pull the board off the clip.

Hard to find those standoffs locally........ Nylon push-in pc board standoffs

Old 12-13-20, 09:16 PM
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
Back in the old days (I love saying this) these were called "Motherboard Spacers" these were a lot of the time to hold the old AT style motherboards to the metal PC chassis I hate those things with a passion. I don't think you have room to mount the metal stand offs with screws. I used to just cut them off they are easily replaced look up "AT Motherboard spacers"

If you are handy with a soldering iron you can replace the failed relay preferably with a higher rated/quality unit.
Looks like an 18K BTU unit so I would replace the relay itself as these big units are not cheap!

Old 12-14-20, 02:29 AM
M
Bottom clips are being pesky

Any idea where I can find better relays for the old motherboard unit to have as backup?
I did find a replacement Ge board for 78 bucks for now but would like to have relays to replace on the old board.
I can clip with needle nose the top clips but the bottoms are almost a little unreachable. Seems they put this together with the intention of it never coming apart lol but I may have to record my self unplugging everything to reach the bottom clips better. I know to cut them or even replace the clips may be hard cuz the styrofoam casing for the the cold inside air presses against those clips on the back side of the metal casing. My only other challenge to getting this unit right!
Yeah this unit alone was 800 bucks then I got the stupid warranty which of course everything goes wrong after the warranty period go figure so it ended up costing almost 900 dollars. I love it tho cuz I donít need floor heaters that my dogs can knock over when Iím not home! Tiny house so this works great when itís working !!
Thanks for the help everyone yíall are the best!

Last edited by PJmax; 12-25-20 at 04:54 AM. Reason: removed un-needed pic
Old 12-24-20, 11:10 PM
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
Sorry for the late reply but take a picture of the front and back of the circuit board making sure we can read any markings on the relays (black square or rectangle box looking things). You can get quality relays at Digkey and other online industrial part type places, I don't think I would trust an relay bought on eBay or aliexpress maybe check Amazon if you can post a clear picture of the front and back of the circuit board.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: