Danby AC (Disassemble)

Old 04-30-21, 04:32 PM
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Danby AC (Disassemble)

I have a Danby AC that I have been using for about 8 years. Every February, I take it out for a rinse and clean. I have tried to take this thing apart but never managed to because I could not remove the back cover for some reason, with concern of not knowing how to put it back together.

This year, I used a heavy duty AC cleaner on the fins and mold remover on the Styrofoam. This seems to have removed the oil from the fan and so now the fan is really loud.

This means I do need to disassemble the thing and oil the moving parts.

Are there instruction on how to disassemble this unit?

https://www.danby.com/en-us/products...s/dac080bguwdb

Old 05-01-21, 04:01 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 913 Votes on 840 Posts
By back cover do you mean the metal housing/body or the grate that protects the coil? Most/all window AC's I've looked at have everything inserted into the metal body from the front. Quite often even the protective grate on the outside is installed from the inside unless you are lucky enough that's it's screwed to the outside.

Old 05-02-21, 03:30 AM
Thanks for the reply Pilot Dane. I was able to take it apart. Here are the pictures in case if someone else needs it. I was not able to separate the front from the casing because I did not want to break the plastic tabs.

Old 05-02-21, 03:36 AM
Old 05-02-21, 03:40 AM
I was glad that I took it apart. I thought that I have cleaned out all of the mold already. Nope! When I took the cover off, there was much more mold areas to clean.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: