Carrier Infinity- moisture, Inducer does not start. Need major help

Old 01-24-22, 03:48 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Carrier Infinity- moisture, Inducer does not start. Need major help

I am hoping to get some help. My carrier infinity unit would not heat. Once I opened it , I saw A LOT of moisture (see pic). I dried everything but it still did not work.
At first I could see thermostat indicating (...gas heating) but nothing happened.
So here is what I did:
1. Bypassed thermostat (ran alligator connector on board R to W1)
2. That would start the blower for about 60 sec or so but inducer would not start
3. I checked voltage and I was getting 128 Volt to Inducer.
4. At this point I noticed water slushing inside the inducer, so I took it out and dumped bunch of water, thinking it would fix it but it did not.
5. I then checked resistant on the motor (Red to Black) and it was 6.83 ohms. I could not find where capacitor , i know ! From what I read ohms should be 55-85 on inducer.
6. There other weird thing is that my thermostat went dark...i swapped with another thermostat and nothing happened either.

I would like to get options on what is happening here:
1. Do I have a bad inducer? I never could find capacitor.
2. Why did I have water in the inducer?
3. And why my thermostat is dark, did I do something by bypassing it on the board?

I thank you in advance for all your help. I know its a lot but I am so frustrated at this point :{

Last edited by PJmax; 01-24-22 at 11:58 PM. Reason: reformatted text
Old 01-25-22, 12:03 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

First you need to find where the water is coming from. Is something leaking in the house ?
Is there excessive water coming in the exhaust line ?

It looks like the water is everywhere. Beyond water coming in the exhaust line
You should open the blower door and check the control board status. Make sure it's not wet too.
If the draft inducer was full of water..... than so are the drain lines and probably the little pressure switch hoses.

You've got a lot of issue going on there. You may be best served by calling a tech.
Check with your gas provider. They usually have good techs,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: