Thru wall sleeve bigger and longer than my new AC

Old 07-14-22, 05:41 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thru wall sleeve bigger and longer than my new AC

Hood evening Gentleman's,

I recently decided to replace my AC units. I have a thru wall sleep in my apartment. My issue is that the sleeve is longer than the AC I have. I read that the back of the unit should be back to dispose of the heat. But by doing that my AC is not flush with the from to place the wall frame and the gap is about 3inc. Should a push it forward and leave that 3inc in the back. Will that cause any issue with heat been pushed back? I was also thinking on making adjustments to make the unit look longer and reach the back. Any suggestions or ideas is much appreciated.

Thank you

Old 07-15-22, 04:34 AM
Received 154 Votes on 140 Posts
Hi, you definitely want the heat exhausted out the back, what ever that takes, what are the possibilities of getting a unit that fits the sleeve better?
Geo🇺🇸

CircuitBreaker voted this post useful.
Old 07-15-22, 04:47 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,561 Votes on 1,404 Posts
You might also get a different sleeve. Air conditioners are physically smaller than they used to be so I think this will be a continuing problem.

You can also probably go without the sleeve. Just install a regular window unit. Then the gap around the edges can be trimmed with wood that is easily replaced whenever you need to replace the AC.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: