No condensation drain from AC

Old 08-10-22, 04:22 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No condensation drain from AC

I have a lennox AC. I believe AC is cooling down fine. I set my thermostat to 77 and when AC is on, the temp coming out from coil reads about 55. However, there is no water coming out of drain pipe.

I am running factory set option where when thermostat calls, blower runs at 82% speed for 7.5 minutes and after that blower goes to 100% if required until thermostat demand is satisfied. What I observed is most of the time mine turns off after 7.5 minutes. This is the case where there is no condensation. Once in a while it runs for more than 7.5 minutes and so it goes to 100%. This is the case where I see condensate dripping.

Is this normal for not to have condensate during normal run? My basement humidity is 50 to 55 (I have a portable dehumidifier). My first floor humidity level from my IAQ stat reads about 58.

Thanks for reading this long post. I have read several threads with similar issue but they are not definitive...

Old 08-10-22, 08:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,957 Votes on 2,668 Posts
ise_dsp = InSinkErator - disposer ?

82% at 7.5 minutes is used for dehumidifying.
You should absolutely have condensation during that period.

Where do you see condensation dripping ?
Where is the air handler installed ?

Old 08-11-22, 05:57 AM
I
May be this will answer air handler: Compressor is outside and evaporating coil is inside above the blower compartment in my furnace.
Filter is 4 inch thick.

Condensate drains into a floor drain in the basement close to the inside unit. But there is no condensate at 82%/7.5 minutes. Occasionally when it goes longer than 7.5 minutes the blower speed increases to 100% and I see condensate water (really good flow of water) rushing into floor drain. So, I am positive there is no clog in the pipe.

Can you think of any reasons why there is no condensate at 82%? My ac has been checked by an hvac tech recently. The tech cleaned outside unit and also verified coolant level. I am not 100% positive but I think this no-condensate problem started after the maintenance.

Old 08-11-22, 06:01 AM
I
BTW, yes ise_disp is InSinkErator. When I first joined in 2005, I opened a thread regarding my disposer. I am just continuing the same id. Thanks!

Old 08-11-22, 07:55 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,957 Votes on 2,668 Posts
You should not see an immediate increase in condensate flow when shifting to high speed blower.
A dribble to a little more of a dribble would be expected.
It sounds like you may have a suction problem causing the condensate not to drain properly.
Is there a trap in the drain line ?
If not..... you may need one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: