Portable air conditioner blowing cool air from exhaust

Old 12-03-22, 08:57 PM
K
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Portable air conditioner blowing cool air from exhaust

Hi all, I have a JHS8 portable air conditioner model A002-16KR/A which was working very well, all of a sudden it is blowing cold air out of the exhaust not warm/hot. The air is a similar temperature to what is coming out of the front, cold but not enough to be effective. It is fairly new, but not under warranty or returnable, filters are still extremely clean and the water tank has been emptied.

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-04-22, 09:00 AM
R
Received 178 Upvotes on 164 Posts
It sounds as if the compressor isnít running. Is it? If it is, the unit has likely developed a refrigerant leak.
As a whole these single pipe portable units are generally low in quality. And are considered disposable.

CircuitBreaker, Houston204, K needs help voted this post useful.
Old 12-05-22, 04:43 AM
R
Received 178 Upvotes on 164 Posts
Do you have a meter and know how to use it?
If so is the compressor getting power?
Is it confirmed running?
Has it tripped the breaker more then the one time? If so is the compressor shorted?

K needs help voted this post useful.
Old 12-04-22, 11:40 PM
K
Thanks for your reply. The compressor sounds like it is turning on. I would be surprised if it was a refrigerant leak as it has only been used about 5 times, but I guess anything is possible. The household power did trip when it was running, could this be a factor? It seems to be since then, a fuse maybe? I didn’t expect it to last forever but was hoping for quite a bit longer than 5 uses.

Old 12-06-22, 02:36 AM
K
I’m pretty sure the compressor is turning on, you can feel it and hear it. I do have a meter and know how to use it, so will check. I don’t think the aircon tripped the power, it happens when we have too many big appliances on at the same time in the house…problem of it’s own. This is the first time it has tripped when the aircon is on and the aircon problem seems to have started since. Maybe it’s just a coincidence and you’re right that it has leaked refrigerant, it’s just annoying that it’s so premature in its lifespan. Thanks heaps for your suggestions.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: