Mitsubishi E.O. Switch

Old 07-09-24, 12:08 PM
Received 399 Upvotes on 348 Posts
Mitsubishi E.O. Switch

I have a Mitsubishi MSZ-FE09NA-8 unit in a third floor (converted attic) bedroom since 2013. It has always worked fine with the remote control and I never tried to use the E.O. Emergency operation switch.

Most of my remote control for about 3 years has been via a Cielo Breez controller and Alexa. The Cielo controller is programmed for various temperature condition and schedules. About a week ago we had some very high temperatures and the room went to about 92 degrees with the A/C off. When I checked to see if a programmed schedule change had occurred, I found the unit in emergency heat/cool operation and blowing heated air (hotter than the room temperature.). The indicator lights on the unit also showed it was in emergency heat/cool mode. When I tried to shut it down using the E.O. button it did not respond. I was able to shut it down via Alexa and the Cielo and then restart it in the correct schedule mode.

A few days later a similar occurrence started the unit in emergency cool-only mode (per the indicator lights.). Again no change with the E.O. button.

After that I used the E.O. button to test response on a similar unit in another room. It acted as expected setting heat/cool, cooling only, and off in sequence.

Doing that I realized a difference in the feel of the two buttons. The first unit button is flat and does not depress. Could this be the result of multiple occasions of 90-100 degree heat? Or just a defective button never used or noticed? Could a defective button that feels like it is pushed in cause the unit to go into emergency mode spontaneously?

Can it be replaced?

Old 07-09-24, 10:59 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,149 Upvotes on 3,726 Posts
No listing in parts manual suggesting you need to change an entire board.
If you take the cover and post a pic of the switch we can probably source one.

Last edited by PJmax; 07-10-24 at 06:48 PM. Reason: removed dead links
Old 07-10-24, 07:21 AM
Thanks.

The links are not working. Safari gives a "Server not Found" message and Firefox does nothing. I copied the links and they took me to a Mitsubishi Cars page and this message:
Your search - https://www.mitsubi****echinfo.ca/si..._OBB542E_0.pdf - did not match any documents.
I was able to finally find the documents by copying the links and editing them to just the document IDs. I downloaded them but I have not studied them yet to see how to open up the unit. In the meantime, the operation has been normal.

Thanks again!

Old 07-10-24, 06:49 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,149 Upvotes on 3,726 Posts
Apparently Mitsubishi doesn't allow hot linking to their tech info. Sorry about that.

If you didn't get both of them let me know and I'll post it here.

Old 07-11-24, 12:44 PM
I got them. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: