Has anyone tried the Drive Water

Old 04-22-08, 07:41 PM
Has anyone tried the Drive Water

I read about the drive water and was wondering if any one has tried it.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-08, 08:33 PM
nap
I knew somebody that drove their snowmobile into a lake. It didn;t run very well on water.

best of luck but to save yourself the anguish of getting taken, take the money you were going to spend on this stuff and donate it to charity.

Old 04-23-08, 12:52 AM
I once drove one of those cars that can drive on land and on water. Feels a little bit weird at first but then it's a blast.

Old 04-23-08, 04:37 AM
Group Moderator
Snake oil; as with all those miracle mileage increasers, if it worked as advertised it would already be engineered into the cars we drive.

Old 04-27-08, 07:55 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Water 4 Fuel

Originally Posted by Merihi1 View Post
I read about the drive water and was wondering if any one has tried it.
Interesting subject,

Given the recent increase in gas prices, no doubt water sounds great, but there is far more to it then just feeding water into your engine, it requires many modifications, and you can only run a certain percentage if you want reasonable drivability. I have run up to 30% water, but only at constant speeds will engine perform properly, not stop and go. Heck, I have even used snake oil, best dang zero emission fuel there is. lol

Old 05-14-08, 03:04 PM
H2O engine fuel

I have checked the web up and down as of yet found nothing that was 100% against this new method of using a water kit to supplement gas. I said : 100%. So it seems as if there is some truth to it. Just how much extra gas mileage you will get is another story. Will it hurt your engine ? They say no. That is the risky part. I don't see that much water going into the engine being as the kit uses a very small amount of water and it last quite a while. The big question is why aren't the auto repair shops jumping on this like a duck on a June bug ?

Old 05-14-08, 03:44 PM
Group Moderator
Originally Posted by termite16 View Post
Will it hurt your engine ? They say no. That is the risky part....... The big question is why aren't the auto repair shops jumping on this like a duck on a June bug ?
"They" also usually disclaim any liability whatsoever as regards damage, voided warranties, etc.

As for the repair shops, I don't know of a single reputable shop that would jump on that bandwagon.

Old 05-15-08, 07:09 AM
water injection for the internal combustion engine has been around for decades. In WWII you could find it on fighter aircraft...specifically I know they put it on Rolls Royce Merlin engines. It was used to give the plane a power boost to get out of a bad situation. the problem was that it was a one time use thing because it WILL cause the engine to "use itself up". Pilots were instructed to use it only if absolutely necessary. It must be very precisely controlled, hence the reason why the makers disclaim any liability...as so many of us subscribe to the theory that "if a little is good, alot must be better" (it's a man thing!) I totally agree with the tow man...if it was reasonable to do en masse, then it would've been done years ago.

water injection doesn't work well on naturally aspirated engines for those of you who are thinking of trying it. also keep in mind that some of that water vapor is going to get past the rings and into the crankcase so you need a tip top ventilation system and a very disciplined service routine. contrary to the popular belief that water and oil don't mix...if you beat em hard enough they will. the crankshaft is one heck of an eggbeater! there are a bunch if interesting articles out there but beware the ones published by people who knew someone who swore it worked. try reading the ones done in research at engineering schools.

Old 05-15-08, 07:24 AM
I don't know about running on water. I have used water to clean out a hot ruff running engine, feeding it into the carb.Which now we don't have anymore. It worked quite well.

Old 06-04-08, 05:56 AM

my firend filled his boat feul tank with water

but all that happened was the boat sunk

waterhog

Old 06-09-08, 12:32 PM
Aniother guy got water in his v-12 boat engine and it bent all his connecting rods ..

Then another guy had all the water from the lake go into his cooling system and the oil pan of his boat --he had chocolate oil soup in his engine -- rusted to a halt pdq ..