Honda Civic

Old 07-07-09, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honda Civic

I own a Honda Civic Hybrid. I have an issue that gets worse every month. In warm weather the batteries level discharges to zero a few minutes after I hit the road with the A/C on. They begin to recharge, but after I park at a store in the sun and leave the cycle repeats. This can happen 10 times in a day and I can effectively drive all day with no hybrid assist. The dealer tells me they don't see anything wrong. Do I have a broken car or does this model not work well in warm climates?

Last edited by Dave Drew B; 07-07-09 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Adding a question
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-09, 11:50 PM
We had a customer with a similar problem with the exception of it being hills that caused the identical issue (Spokane is in a valley and has a number of elevation changes) You didn't mention the year of yours but hers was one of the first ones.
She got the same dealer run around before comming to us. We tried a number of things that would not void the manufactures warrenty with no success finally we contacted a local all electric car maker. (The Tango) and he came up with a different batt configuration the solved the problem however it does void your fact. warrenty.Not really a good solution for all people.
Sorry I wasn't more help. Will check back to see if you want more info.

Old 07-15-09, 11:20 AM
It's a 2007 Civic Hybrid. The dealer now tells me that they do see the problem but that all they can say is that "Honda is aware of the problem and it's under investigation" I'll give them a week before I send letters to Consumer Reports and others.

Old 07-15-09, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Contact the Regional Rep for Honda. It should be in your owners manual. CR can't do anything except report it in their annual car issue.

Old 08-12-09, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Drew B View Post
The dealer tells me they don't see anything wrong. Do I have a broken car or does this model not work well in warm climates?
A friend of mine had the same problem, he went to the dealer and they fixed it.Just go to your dealer and tell them that's why you have warranty.