Any Volt owners?

Old 07-30-13, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Any Volt owners?

Actually starting to seriously consider one. With the recent price cut, $7500 tax credit and the fact that I would be able to drive to work and halfway back using no gasoline it starts to make sense. If I can convince my employer to put in a charging station (heck, just a 120V outlet outside) I would use zero gas at all going to/from work.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-13, 06:28 AM
Received 16 Votes on 15 Posts
I had considered looking at one until I saw the base price (before dealer add-ons and other taxes).
I like the idea and potential of these, but there is no way I could ever make one cost effective. I don't remember the numbers, but I had done the calcs for a similar size/feature petrol car and included the cost of fuel. The petrol car (including ~250k km worth of fuel) worked out to have a lower cost of owner ship (volt vs. petrol car +5yrs of fuel).
I'm assuming the base sticker price would be less in the US then Canada. The Volt was ~$50k if I remember correctly.

Old 07-31-13, 11:53 AM
Group Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 55 Posts
I don't generally speak to him but my ex-wife's boyfriend has one and seems to be pretty happy with it.

Old 07-31-13, 12:10 PM
Received 16 Votes on 15 Posts
I don't generally speak to him but my ex-wife's boyfriend has one and seems to be pretty happy with it.
Would anyone that spent that much money on the latest and greatest green movement car admit they didn't like it or made a mistake?

That being said, I do love the electric drive concept, but from a performance perspective.
I've got a long term personal project I've been picking at the designs for a bit now. The drivetrain is still a toss up between a small twin turboed engine or electric. Electric has to come down in weight and still make 200+ miles between charging before I'll jump on that ship.

Old 08-01-13, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I own a Volt and love it... What are you wanting to know?

See my stats here.