2019 kia niro phev downstream o2 sensor

Old 04-24-24, 05:43 PM
B
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
2019 kia niro phev downstream o2 sensor

While addressing a confirmed O2 Sensor DTC, I was unable to locate the Downstream O2 Sensor on my stepsonís KIA. Does anyone know its location?

Old 04-25-24, 05:35 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 124 Upvotes on 107 Posts
downstream o2 sensors are after the catalytic converter many may be under the car depending on where the converter is located do not really have the exact location have never worked on that model but would just start following the exhaust manifold down see how many sensors you find but there should be at least 2 , 1 upstream before the converter and 1 downstream.

Old 04-25-24, 07:05 AM
B
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I was able to locate the upstream Sensor immediately, by looking over the back of the engine, between the engine block & firewall, at the point where the exhaust manifold connects, Following the exhaust configuration to the tailpipe doesn't seem to reveal the downstream Sensor.

Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
These modern vehicle are so complex that is hard to pinpoint issues without a factory service manual but hopefully you have it figured out. I bought a high mileage used 2021 Pacifica PHEV and I have had pretty good luck with the factory online parts sellers getting diagrams for the different systems. If i were you I would look up the KIA parts sites and do some digging I bet that you will find what you need shortly without spending a small fortune on factory service manuals. If that does not work stop by your friendly neighborhood KIA dealers parts department to price the new sensor and get them to print off the diagram of its location. .

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: