Designing a room

Old 11-29-04, 05:01 PM
Thimbelina
Visiting Guest
Question Designing a room

Hi. I have lived in my house for the last 14 years, and due to life changes have decided to convert the smallest bedroom into a sewing room/office. I have some ideas as to what I would like to do, but am not sure how to design the room to best meet my needs. I would like to have lots of storage, and built in bookcases. Does anybody have any suggestions or tips on how to begin? I'm having windows replaced next month.

Thanks! Michele

Old 11-29-04, 05:05 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Michele,

Break out some paper and start drawing. If you are looking for more storage and built-in bookcases, you can do some searches for that on the web. It appears that you just need to be looking at some magazines or other resources for ideas that fit your needs.

Unsure what the windows have to do with it but do some searching.

I assume that you are doing the work or do you have anyone to help you? There are some good books at HD or Lowes that would provide more ideas in a visual mode.

Hope this helps!

Old 11-30-04, 10:54 AM
*angela*
Visiting Guest
a good way to start is to grab a scrapbook, go through design magazines and start cutting pictures out (any images - from whole rooms to pictures of shelves, or even single cushions) that you respond to.

this will give you a clearer idea of what kind of style you like.

beyond the superficial aspects of the space, because it will be a place of work (sewing room/office), and because you seem to be considering using built-in furniture, I suggest you look into using ergonomics effectively for the layout and design of the built-in pieces, desks etc.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: