Addition ideas?

Old 09-26-09, 10:52 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Addition ideas?

Our home is picture in the link below. I am looking for ideas on how to make it bigger. I realize there is a lot that goes into adding on to a home, but for now I was hoping someone could share some ideas on how we can build on to this house and have it look good. It is a common cookie cutter home in the south. It is 1150 square feet.

House

Old 09-27-09, 08:08 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi soup006,

- The first issue in every construction or addition is "what am I allowed I do?" this means that you need to check with your building department about easements, height limits, etc
- The following question is about your necessities: do you you need an additional bedroom? additional garage space? bigger kitchen? The definition of the type of room, is very important!!!
- Then, the following step, would be--> how the house is going to work with this addition? --> this answer is very important because if you need a new bathroom but the only space you have is outside the garage (for example) --> in a case like this, I am sure that the design is not going to work
- As you can see, all the items above must be studied and defined on a floorplan + a picture, but never just on a picture. The design must be defined from the inside to the outside
- Also, you should check the structure conditions and linitations

Hope this helps

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: