painting shoes

Old 08-17-07, 12:11 AM
painting shoes

i was wondering if any of you new if you have to coat freshly painted shoes with something so that the paint wont fall off or get removed. if so what

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-07, 06:53 AM
Hi sketch, welcome to the DoItYourself.com forums

What kind of material are the shoes? Canvas? Leather? Just out of curiosity, are they brand new shoes? What did you paint it with?

If it's with canvas, you can spray it with clear acrylic spray.

Old 08-17-07, 04:04 PM
they are normal air force ones and they have been used a bit i have jet to paint them

Old 08-20-07, 04:37 PM
So it's leather right? No pro here about painting shoes unless you were trying to be decorative or something with puffy paint or the sort , but I would use something like Angelus Leather Paint which is made for leather shoes or any other sort of product that is made for leather shoes. You'll need whatever paint you are using to be flexible so don't just use any paint. There is also an acrylic finisher for the top coat and preparer (before you paint) to strip and clean what you have on there already.

Old 04-03-08, 08:32 PM
Question painting on danskos??

hey, i live in alaska and there's an artist up here who sells dansko clogs that she paints. they've got the design on them and then some sort of shiny glaze on them. the paint doesn't crack or fade, but it can get scratched off. i really want to buy some gently used ones off ebay and paint them myself, but i want to know how to make the paint stick and stay without cracking. it would be best if i didn't have to remove all the fancy oils and stuff that dansko puts in the shoes. i just need to know what sort of paints to use and how to apply the paint and glaze. i am interested in painting an entire surface, not just patches of graphics. thanks!

Old 04-06-08, 02:55 AM
Here's some links to painting shoes: http://www.rheingold.com/paintyourshoeshow.html

http://forums.nikeskateboarding.org/...hp/t11778.html

You should be able to find leather paint at local craft stores or online. The leather will have to be deglazed with acetone. Krylon Matte Varnish can be sprayed on to seal.

Old 04-22-08, 08:18 AM
I would ask a craft store near you or a bootmaker.