Canvas Art

Old 06-27-14, 12:26 AM
Canvas Art

Hi All,

I put up a new canvas art on the wall and noticed that when I used the level it scratched some of the paint off on top. I think it is a printed canvas art. How can I touch up the scratch?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-14, 03:50 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums!

What got scratched? the frame? wall? or the artwork?

Old 06-27-14, 07:58 AM
The artwork got scratched on the top corner. I believe it's a photo canvas.

Attached Images  
Old 06-27-14, 08:58 AM
It's the last picture with the brown flower in the corner. Is there anyway to touch up the flower?

Old 06-27-14, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator
I moved your thread to Arts & Crafts.
I can't tell from the pic where the scratch is, but you'd have to match the color/s exact, to not be able to see where it was touched up at, or it'll look as bad as the scratch.
If you have an Art supply place nearby, I would take the it with you, so they can give you the colors that would match. Then just dab it lightly with an artist's brush, and then use a clean brush (or clean the one you used) to kind of blend it well. Blending will do the most to hide the scratch.

Old 06-27-14, 11:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I would think you'd want a dye versus any type of paint. Do they sell dyes already mixed up in various colors ?? Shady's right though, you need a perfect or at least near perfect color match or the repair will look worse than the damage. I don't know about dyes but most paints dry a shade or two different [usually darker] than the color they are when wet.

Old 06-27-14, 09:36 PM
Thanks everyone! I might just leave it alone. It's on the top part of the frame so you can't see it unless you look eye level but the artwork is really high up so you can't see it. It just drives me crazy since it's new and I was so excited to have it perfect. Ugs, I can't believe the level scratched up the paint. Should have never shifted the level on top. My first accent wall go figure lol

Old 06-28-14, 03:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If it's not readily seen, I'd leave it alone. I know it's a bummer to get something new and have something happen to take away the pristine new ...... but life goes on. I suspect given a little time and once your focus goes to other things, you'll wonder why you even obsessed over the minor damage.