pump up party ballons?

Old 10-15-14, 03:12 PM
pump up party ballons?

So we've got a bicycle pump just like this with the kind of end shown and we were thinking of trying to use it to blow up a bunch of long skinny party balloons for a big event coming up. We don't have a powered air compressor or anything like that but was just wondering what kind of attachment we might be able get/use for this pump that would work, or maybe another idea/suggestion/advice in that regard. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-14, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator
I think you'd just have to have two people do it. One would have to hold the lip around the attachment that's on it while the other pumps, and then be quick to tie it off when it's the right size.

Old 10-15-14, 04:14 PM
Group Moderator
I seam to remember that pumps I have bought come with a nozzle like this:

Name:  nozzle.png
Views: 169
Size:  41.3 KB

It should fit into your pumps schrader connector.

Old 10-15-14, 04:18 PM
Group Moderator
Pretty much any tip you can get a balloon over will work. I think the huff and puff method will prove faster and less hassle in the end though.

Old 10-15-14, 04:22 PM
I seam to remember that pumps I have bought come with a nozzle like this
Yes, definitely, if we could get our hands on that kind of a nozzle. Will check the hardware store I guess. Thanks TI.

Old 10-15-14, 04:25 PM
Pretty much any tip you can get a balloon over will work. I think the huff and puff method will prove faster and less hassle in the end though.
They're really skinny balloons, long and hard to huff and puff, we tried. Hopefully can find the nozzle type TI suggested.

Old 10-15-14, 04:29 PM
I think you'd just have to have two people do it. One would have to hold the lip around the attachment that's on it while the other pumps, and then be quick to tie it off when it's the right size.
We thought about that too, but these balloon types are so skinny they just won't fit over that without and we would need at least a smaller attachment, hopefully like the one in the photo like TI posted. thanks

Old 10-15-14, 04:33 PM
Going to the hardware store to see if they have a suitable attachment for the schrader connector of our pump. They probably won't though.

Search this Thread