Painting a Light Diffuser Panel

Old 11-12-15, 01:57 PM
Painting a Light Diffuser Panel

Hi!

I was approached by someone about doing a faux stained glass border on several light diffuser panels Ė they want them as a gift for a family memberís kitchen lights. I do a variety of arts and crafts and when Iím doing something for myself Iím not afraid to dive into unfamiliar territory and mix and match techniques to achieve the look I want. But doing a project like this for someone elseÖ.

Iíve done some projects along similar lines but never for this specifically so Iím reaching out for some help and advice on how to tackle this project. I searched online and found several different ideas (nail polish, watercolor paint) but I donít think they would work for this.

So if anyone has any ideas on how to do this or has done this before, please let me know. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-15, 03:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I've never done a project like that but generally latex paints adhere the best to plastic. I like to add Flood's EmulsaBond to the 1st coat of paint to insure good adhesion. If the paint needs to be somewhat translucent you could mix a glaze with the paint.