Rubber base for metal water bottle

Old 05-15-17, 01:48 AM
Rubber base for metal water bottle

I have an old metal water bottle that's had some major falls and is now very dented. It's a double-walled vacuum bottle that still keeps things insulated all day. I would hate to stop using it because it still works well, but the base is so dented that it won't stand upright anymore.

I want to make a rubber base to even out the bottom and create a sturdy base. Does anyone know what materials I'd need to go about doing this? I'm not sure about molds - I could probably use an old plastic container I have lying around, but I don't know if the silicone would bind to the container. Any advice? anyone tried something similar?

The bottle i have is a S'well bottle.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-17, 02:37 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! If the bottle won't stand upright now, I would expect anything you add to the bottom will adhere to those dents and cause it to fall over, too. Maybe a little "body work" to flatten out some of the dents would help give a flatter surface. Using a hot glue gun may adhere a rubber disk to the bottom, but it won't take dishwasher action, so it needs hand washing.

Old 05-15-17, 06:40 AM
Group Moderator
Stainless steel vacuum water bottles are really cheap. You could buy a new one for the cost of a rubber or urethane compound to cast a bottom on your old bottle. I'd:
1. Buy a new bottle.
2. Glue/epoxy a nut(s) or something onto the bottom of the old one so it stands.
3. Take a hammer to the old one and bash on the bottom until you get it to stand.

Search this Thread