Fabric Dye A Bleach Stain

Old 12-12-19, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fabric Dye A Bleach Stain

I Spilled bleach on the lower sleeve of this sweater. I've never fabric dyed before. Preferably i would like someone else to fabric dye this bleach stain. I don't know any companies or individuals with this service. If i do it myself what products would be recommended? im looking for a product that's as permanent as possible. Something with precision such as a dye pen. It's a cotton & acrylic sweater.

Name:  sweater.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  84.9 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 12-12-19 at 08:36 PM. Reason: resized picture
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-19, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator
Received 65 Votes on 52 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!
There wouldn't be any companies that do this and if anyone would do this, you'd have to look hard and far to find them.
I would start with a place like Joann's Fabrics, if there's one somewhat near you. They would have pens there and you could take your sweater along to see if there's a match or they may even know of someone that could help.

Also, go here to the Rit website. There's a good article on how to accomplish this yourself and also a color chart on which colors to mix in order to match the color you need.

Old 12-12-19, 02:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 300 Votes on 274 Posts
I've used Rit dye many times. I've never tried color matching so that will be your first hurdle. It's probably as difficult as getting touch up paint to match exactly. Then your next problem is you will be dying something that is already partially dyed. I can't imagine you would get consistent results since you will also get dye on the already dyed (not bleached) part of the sweater.

Personally I think you're sweater is now a "work" sweater.

Old 12-12-19, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shadeladie I live in Brooklyn Ny. The closest Jo-ann's fabric store to me is in New Jersey. Pretty far for me. Are they're any other stores that are similar to Jo-ann's?

Old 12-13-19, 06:13 AM
Group Moderator
Received 300 Votes on 274 Posts
Search online for "fabric store". Rit dye is available online and at many large supermarkets in the laundry section.

Old 12-13-19, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator
Received 65 Votes on 52 Posts
Well there's Michael's Crafts that I guess would be the closest, but not exactly the same. They would probably have the pens there, but not sure if anyone would be able to help there.