Bamboo Flooring Fasteners

Old 07-30-06, 07:39 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bamboo Flooring Fasteners

Hello everyone -
I'm installing vertical grain 6' bamboo planks and I've read that the conventional flooring nailer/nails can split the tongue off because the flooring is only 5/8" thick. What fastening systems have people here been successful with?

I'm thinking about buying a pneumatic stapler and using that if it would work better. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Old 08-07-06, 12:13 PM
B
Hey Jed,

Just finished laying 1000 sq ft of bamboo. We used an air-assisted floor nailer (bought at harbor freight tools for cheap, did a GREAT job). It used big old staples and whether the tongue split depended on how hard you hit the nailer. My huband cracked quite a few, but I got them in no problem with my "girlie swing" on the nailer. Good luck!

Old 08-21-06, 11:31 AM
N
Originally Posted by bopsvw
Hey Jed,

Just finished laying 1000 sq ft of bamboo. We used an air-assisted floor nailer (bought at harbor freight tools for cheap, did a GREAT job). It used big old staples and whether the tongue split depended on how hard you hit the nailer. My huband cracked quite a few, but I got them in no problem with my "girlie swing" on the nailer. Good luck!

I notice that Harbor Freight sells two floor nailers, which one did you use? Also, how large of an air compressor?

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: